Happy. In Photos.

I’m getting this message sent to me from a thousand (okay, four) different directions:

Be Grateful

When you’re a naturally sour person (I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about Darth Vader. Lighten up, Darth.), this can seem like an overwhelmingly difficult proposition, but really it’s not. If I can find 16 things to be happy about, anyone can. From a good cup of coffee, to the one leaf in San Diego pretending it’s fall, my life is full of little things to be thankful for. Here they are, in picture form.

So that’s me for today: being thankful and trying new things. (Look at all the pretty photos!) Enjoy.

For more info on three of my favs, check out: Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, Kensington Cafe, and Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me

How are you at being grateful? Are you all zen and crap? Not that that’s bad. It’s good. Good for you. You’re the best. I mean, that’s one way to do it, I guess.

1. Beautiful post! I love the photos that illustrate your words. Very lovely!

2. “Lighten up Darth,” that made me laugh. Your fall leaf really, make that REALLY, makes me glad I live in New Hampshire. I don’t know what I’d do if that was all I could look forward to for fall foliage.

3. That’s a sad orange. And did you comment “do it to it”? I say that all the time. Seriously.

“What?!”

“Did we just become best friends?

“Yep!”

4. @ Becca up there ^^^ Yeah, me too! LOVE THAT!

I’m also super-grateful for my juicer that arrived yesterday. I already know I’m gonna end up a green-juice junky. Which makes me sound like one of those ‘Zen’ people. But I am so NOT a zen person, as you already know. :)

5. I’m most happy when someone goes out their way to help me get a good belly-laugh!!

A super funny joke, or something we share that they know will start me laughing…after 34 years my husband can still start my laughing fits!! My son, too, has a great sense of random humor…I love it!!

I don’t take myself, or life, too seriously, and I generally insist that the kids in our church drama team have fun and laugh heartily!! Or I’m bored!!

It’s a great stress reliever…I highly recommend it!

6. i am thankful you introduced me to Lush. i am thankful for you, my “mel mel,” you bless me.
    (mymelmel would have been a great twitter handle…just say’n)

7. I love looking at pictures :) Also – love the way your pictures are laid out and the pop up descriptions! How? ^.^

8. I always find plenty to be happy about, but that still doesn’t stop my many WTF? Moments during the day. Lol

• The problem with me is that WTF turns into What Is Wrong With ME?! Or Why Does The Universe Hate Me?! Or I’m Surely Going to Die! Hunting for things to be grateful for helps me to calm the hell down. But it definitely doesn’t dampen the WTF moments. Like when I stepped in applesauce. That’s a crazy gross experience.

• normalfornorfolkblog

/  October 10, 2012

Hhmmmm. I had several WTF moments today with a certain work colleague, so I relieved my stress by sending him constant emails asking him to clarify certain points of his WTF-ness. Which, I found hugely enjoyable and he found really annoying..still, by the end of the day, I was able to file the subject under ‘I win’ in my email files….heehee. 😊

9. I’m not all zen like, but I have been taking note of what makes me smile each day via The Smile Epidemic (http://www.thesmileepidemic.com/). It’s amazing how much happier you feel when you take note of the little things!

• The Smile Epidemic looks amazing! I have a spreadsheet containing three new things to be thankful for every day. I think it’s really good for me to be on a good things scavenger hunt of sorts. Thanks for sharing!

10. Love this!! So beautiful!

11. Well this post comes on a day when I’m feeling anything but happy and Zen, but in general, I’m usually quite content with the little things. After all, aren’t the little things all that we have? I love my tea and my couch, together, with a good book or ballgame. That’s the plan tonight ;)

• I’m starting to realize that my sadness is in the little things, and those things make themselves known to me. The sad little things scream in my face. I need to give the happy little things a leg up. Tea + couch + ballgame sounds AMAZING. Do it to it.

12. I have recently gotten to the point in my fitness training that I get a high from working out. I am so thankful for that, because it took a while to get here. Now I look forward to it.